AmeriCorps Conservation Corps Member
Make a lasting contribution to public lands in Vermont. Serving as a VYCC AmeriCorps Member is a unique opportunity to work, travel, and make a difference.
AmeriCorps Crews are for young adults, age 18+, and focus on specific projects:
• the Parks Restoration Crew offers carpentry experiences;
• the Assessment Crew maps and documents trail conditions;
• the US Forest Service Crew improves trails, backcountry infrastructure, carpentry, campgrounds, and ecosystems throughout the Green Mountain National Forest and New York National Forests.
• These crews also assist with watershed improvement projects across the state.
No prior experience or special skills are needed. We fully train Members to do this job, which will prepare you for future employment in a number of sectors. Start your next outdoor community service adventure in June, for a 2 month service term from June 17 – August 18, or 4.5 months from June 17 – October 30. Compensation includes a stipend of $250/week + $1,566 or $2,960 AmeriCorps Education Award (depending on duration). Room and Board included.
· 18- 24 years of age
· Solid belief in the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps mission.
· Strong desire and motivation to work hard and make a difference.
· Ability to work long hours outdoors and in all types of weather.
· Openness to learning and receiving feedback.
· Willingness and commitment to following all immediate and general crew policies.
Positions are filled on a rolling basis, with preference given to early applicants. Apply now!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
The VYCC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applications from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women and gender fluid individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged. All eligible applicants or job-holders have an equal opportunity in all areas of VYCC employment.
Did you see our video? The crew it features is an AmeriCorps crew.
About Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
Work, live, and learn with a group of youth and young adults.
Complete interesting and meaningful agriculture and conservation projects.
Exceed your own expectations of what you can accomplish.
Now Hiring: Crew Leaders/ Assistant Crew Leaders and Corps Members for the 2018 season!
Lead a crew on conservation or agriculture projects, camp life, and education or join a crew as a Corps Member and gain work skills, while having an unforgettable team experience. Be challenged, make a real difference, and have a lot of fun along the way.
VYCC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applications from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women and gender fluid individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged. All eligible applicants or job-holders have an equal opportunity in all areas of VYCC employment.
Since 1985, Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) has served Vermont youth and communities through paid and credit-bearing opportunities for young people, ages 15-26, in conservation and sustainable agriculture. Our mission is to teach young people personal responsibility through meaningful work that connects us all to the land, community, and one another.