Classification: Full time hourly. This position is 5 days per week Monday-Friday. Weekend work is rare and always optional.
Compensation: $13-$18 hourly rate, based on experience. Ground crew members that can demonstrate experience with safe chainsaw and chipper use, rigging experience, knot-tying knowledge, appropriate use of PPE, and general on-site safety will be at the higher end of the pay range.
Core Responsibilities: The Ground Crew/Driver will provide a range of services from the ground under the supervision of a certified arborist on all job sites. These include:
- Drive truck with trailer to and from headquarters, job sites, and green waste facility.
- Move brush, tree limbs, and other plant material from yards to wood chipper.
- Safely feed brush into chipper.
- Mulch application, watering, root crown excavation, organic fertilizer and pest control product application.
- Rigging support during pruning and removals. Assistance to arborist climbers.
- Care, storage, and use of large and small equipment.
- Wear PPE in compliance with ANSI standards at all times.
The Ground Crew/Driver will be responsible for appropriate clothing and footwear. PPE will be provided by TreeCareLA.
- Must have valid driver’s license (CDL not required). Position requires a clean driving record and history of driving. Training provided as needed.
- This is a physically demanding job. Must be able to routinely carry and/or lift up to 75 pounds, including tree limbs and other equipment. Must be able to spend majority of time outdoors in sunshine, clouds, and rain.
- Maintain a high level of quality work product and output. Punctual and professional appearance.
- Must be fluent English speaker.
- TreeCareLA is a drug and alcohol free environment. Use on or near the job site will not be tolerated. No smoking permitted. Show up ready to work.
- Positive attitude, independent thinker, problem solver, team player. Short tempers don’t fit in with our crew.
- Commitment to high quality tree care and willingness to learn and integrate best practices.
- Must be comfortable speaking with clients on job sites to answer questions and relay information, when requested.
- Must have own telephone with ability to text, e-mail, and access online database for regular communication with TreeCareLA staff.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to TreeCareLA headquarters in Inglewood.
- Experience using a wood chipper and chainsaw is required.
- CPR/First Aid certified is preferred.
- Competitive pay
- Overtime and double-time pay as appropriate
- Paid sick days
- Medical benefits
- Holidays off
- Annual merit bonus
- Paid education days
- Opportunities for growth for those interested in advancing within the company
- Crew safety is top priority
Candidates must be willing to undergo a criminal and motor vehicle (driver) background check prior to employment.
Application instructions: Interested candidates should submit:
- A cover letter that includes why you are interested in the position.
- Resume that includes complete job history, employment dates, and education.
Please submit materials via email to [email protected] This position is available now. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
TreeCareLA is a Los Angeles-based tree care company providing a range of services to homeowners. TreeCareLA is known for its high quality services in tree care consultation and small-scale pruning, removal, pest management, and other tree care services. We are a 9-member team with 5 certified arborists on staff. We pride ourselves in the ethical treatment of the urban forest by doing what’s best for each tree whenever possible. We do this by: educating our clients on tree care best practices, only pruning what is necessary (never topping), applying organic fertilizers, and using handsaws instead of chainsaws for noise reduction. Our service area ranges from Eagle Rock to the northeast, centrally in Silverlake and Hollywood Hills, west to Santa Monica, and down to the South Bay. For more information about TreeCareLA and its approach, visit www.treecarela.com.