Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire Seattle high school students in the Seattle Community Program.
Position Dates: June through August
Location: Seattle, WA
- Co-lead field based projects, such as trail building, invasive removal and habitat restoration
- Teach environmental education curriculum
- Mentor youth in job readiness and personal development
- Create a fun and productive atmosphere for crew members
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Strong interest in working with and mentoring urban youth.
- Proven experience working with youth, preferably in an outdoor/team-based setting.
- Fluency/proficiency in a second language highly desirable.
- Outdoor living skills, Experience with conservation work.
- Proven ability to manage complex logistics in an organized fashion.
- Valid driver’s license for 3+ years and clean driving record. Criminal background check must pass SCA standards.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications, Wilderness First Aid preferred.
- Must have personal housing arrangements in program city
Compensation: $600/week, paid training
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; when prompted complete the Basic, Leader, and Final application sections. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
About The Student Conservation Association
SCA’s mission is to build the next generation of conservation leaders and inspire lifelong stewardship of the environment and communities by engaging young people in hands-on service to the land.