Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire 10 high school students for the Pittsburgh Summer Community program.
Program Dates: June 1st through August 8th
- Co-lead field based projects, such as trail building, invasive removal and habitat restoration
- Teach environmental education curriculum
- Mentor youth in job readiness and personal development
- Create a fun and productive atmosphere for crew members
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 14-18), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in program city
Compensation: $600/week, 3 weeks paid training (June 1-25)
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org